The Norfolk Fruit Growers’ Association is committed to being annually certified to a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) benchmarked scheme.
Our Food Safety Certification
As a prime example of our commitment to food safety, our packing plant is certified FSSC 22000, and our growers are certified to CanadaGAP, an on-farm food safety program, for the production and harvesting of their fruit.
With the goal of providing Canadian business with increased access to expanding world markets, these standards stress that our association wishes to:
- implement, manage, monitor, validate and continuously improve our food safety management systems;
- assure ourselves of our conformance to our stated food safety policy;
- demonstrate such conformance to others;
- seek certification/registration of our food safety management system by an external organization; and
- Demonstrate our commitment to food safety through conformance to these International Standards.
Our HACCP Program
- analyzing the potential hazards in any given processing operation;
- identifying the points in the operation where the hazards may occur; and
- eliminating hazards that are critical to consumer safety.